Monday, January 18, 2010

5 Years and Counting....

Wow can you believe it has already been 5 years! I can't....
The last 5 years have been amazing. We have moved more times then I want to count, had a beautiful little girl who has filled our life with joy, grown together, and now we are on our new adventure of school. Somedays it's hard to believe I have been blessed with such a great family. Dennis is perfect for me. During the last 5 years we have learned so much about each other.

I had no idea there was a list of traditional wedding gifts that you are suppose to do every year. For 5 years it is wood. It is suppose to mean that wood is strong and long-lasting.

Money has been a little tight over the years. Having a kid right away when you are not our your feet to begin with makes times a little challenging. I have told Dennis all along that I wanted to do something special for our anniversary. I also warned him that I wanted jewelry. I really wanted a band to go under my wedding ring. More than anything I wanted this year to me memorable.

When we left Washington we left our bed behind. We have needed a new bed desperately for quite some time. Our friends told us about this place called Hidden Treasures. We found our mattress set for quite a bit cheaper than we were planning and also found a wooden sleigh bed frame that dennis liked and I loved. We both decided we this would be a great anniversary gift for the two of us. It's perfect! I love it. The funny thing is that it is wood! This was not planned. It is something we will have for a very long time if not forever!

I am currently taking a home interior design class and we have to make window treatments, decorative pillows, and a duvet cover. So when I get these projects done I will post a picture of the finished product I am so excited to decorate our room. I have a great idea. I just hope it goes together like I am hoping!

It was a great anniversary. Well just have to see what the next year brings! Maybe another little bundle of joy!




2 comments:

Meagan Cooper said...

hey,... we are home, and sadie and audrey need to play!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see you! happy 5 years, you and dennis are adorable and so fun!

Alicia said...

Happy Anniversary! Hopefully with the next little tike you wont get so sick. I'll be routing for a boy next!