Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Keepers Tour


Dennis and I were able to go on the Keepers Tour at NW Trek a few weeks ago. It was amazing. They usually do these tours with 10-12 people however we got a private tour. Dennis did some work for NW Trek and Point Defiance Zoo and aquarium so we were given the special treatment! We also have free tickets to the Zip line at NW trek that we will do in the spring. The Keepers Tour was one of the coolest things I have done. Sadly I am afraid Dennis and I will not appreciate the tram anymore. We got to get so close to the animals. I could have reached out and touched the moose and a few other animals however touching animals was frowned upon. Our tour guide has been working at NW trek for over 30 years! I loved everything about the tour (except not being able to feel my hands because it was SO cold). A few days before our tour it had been dumping down rain. Luckily when we went it was sunny.  Enjoy the pics. Seriously if you live in Washington you should do the keepers Tour you wont regret it!





 This would be a really cool picture to edit.... if I had time :)

 The elk SLOWLY made his way over to the truck to get his food. 



 It was really neat being able to get so close to this Ram I never realized how many ridges are in the horns??? I think that is what they are called anyways. 

 One day I just might get a normal picture of him.... doubt it though. 

 I was telling Dennis how it looked like a family with the Mom and Dad in the background and the kids upfront. He just looked at me and said you do realize that only the males have the horns right...... HAHAHAHA I am so smart sometimes... This is what happens when you have not slept through the night in over three years!


 Our Keeper tour guide








No comments: