Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Lindsey Mae


Lindsey Mae Coatney

Lindsey was born on August 7th at 7:01pm. She weighed 7lbs 15 oz. This little girl has completed our family. I am so grateful to be blessed with five children. Most days feel overwhelming at times but it is worth having these children. I often wonder if the Lord made a mistake giving me so many children to raise... 










I was worried that Halle would have a hard time adjusting to her new sister. Halle has always been treated like the "baby" in the family. We thought she would be our last. I remember the boys having a hard time adjusting to Halle so I expected the same thing. I was completely wrong. Halle is in love with her sister. She constantly wants to hold her. She sticks her little arms out and looks at me like give her here mom. It has been such a blessing not having to deal with Halle not liking her sister. Halle occasionally tries to step on her so we have to watch her closely around Lindsey. Audrey loves her little sister as well. She really is the perfect LAST addition to our family. Taylor likes to hold Lindsey as well. When we first brought Lindsey home all of the kids swarmed the baby and me except for Brody. He had the saddest look on his face. I am not sure if he did not know what to think of the new baby or if he felt left out. Either way I am grateful he has adjusted to his new sister. 

After I  delivered Lindsey I felt at peace knowing she was our last. I knew that this was a chapter I was closing and I am  honestly having a hard time knowing that I will never experience that feeling of holding my newborn baby. I LOVE the baby stage.  I am more than ready to be done with diapers though ( four out of the five kiddos are in diapers out the moment... OUCH).  I guess I will have to get a puppy next.. :) I also look forward to the next part our of lives where we can go and do more things in our lives. 

Lindsey sleeps pretty well some nights right now and not so well other nights.  I love how mad she gets when she is hungry. I will have to take a picture so I can remember her funny faces she makes. 

Welcome to our family Lindsey Mae


1 comment:

Tyrell Berner said...

She is so sweet! I LOVE how much hair she has (or had:). You are such a good mom and Heavenly Father knew EXACTLY what he was doing when he sent all 5 of them to you! Nobody could be a better mom to those babies than you.