Thursday, November 5, 2009

But Wait it gets better...

So on Tuesday I went to the grocery store to pick up a few items. Keep in mind that I do not have a purse or wallet so most things are in my hands or in the cart where a kid would ride. When I was turning the cart to go down another isle everything falls out of the cart. I have a coupon binder ( I will explain later) so needless to say my belongings go everywhere. I am desperately trying to hurry and pick things up when a kid comes over to help. I was a little nervous about him helping. Lets just say his clothing choice and piercings were a little suspicious. However I thank him for the help. By the time I get down to the end of the same isle. (about 1 minute) I realize my cell phone is gone. That darn kid STOLE my phone. At this point I leave my cart and I start into a fast walk almost jog frantically searching the isles looking for the kid. It is a new phone which I did not put the insurance on. Why I don't know I always put insurance on my phone. Anyways, I tell the store what had happened. When I get in the car I start to laugh which quickly turns into tears. Really could this really be happening to me.

So I go over to my sister-in-laws house and tell her the news she just looks at me and starts to laugh. (She was immediately sympathetic afterwards)

The good news: About an hour later the store calls me and shares that some not so good looking kid walked up put the phone on the counter and runs out. I then share the description with them and they say yeah that was him.

2 comments:

The Coatney's said...

im so sorry i laughed! i didn't think it was funny. i laughed because it was so ridiculous after everything you've already been through! i'm so sorry!

Crystal said...

Jaime don't worry I laughed at first too. I never took it bad.