Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Robber




On Monday the 26th Dennis came home after an early day of work with Audrey. When he got home he noticed the side gate open which is unusual. There is a German Shepard in the back and it is never open. When he went to open the front door it was unlocked which is also unusual. He went upstairs and saw her parents belongings scattered all over the floor. It then hit that we had been robbed. He was not sure if someone was still in the house. So he ran down stairs grabbed a hand gun and went outside to hide behind the truck and called 911. I cant imagine that feeling. I am sure he really wanted to go inside the house. However when you have a 3 year old in your arms it changes things. So I get a call from home saying come home we have been robbed. I immediately called him back and asked the dumb question of "Did they take my computer" of course they did!

It really stinks that they took so many things. It is hard to know that the computer is gone with the pictures, all of the work with the websites are gone, the countless hours of work on the computer, the backup plugged into the back of the computer because I was backing it up on Sunday. They took the camera, all of my purses, my wallet, and actually ran the credit cards.

More than anything the hardest thing to swallow is feeling safe in the house again. When I leave I feel relieved yet worry that I will receive another call saying they broke in again. When I am home alone I am constantly hearing "noises" and on edge. Their is now a security system installed which helps me sleep a little better at night.

I am really excited to go back home to the little bubble of Rexburg. Though I really about Dennis' parents.



1 comment:

Tanya said...

wow my blog didn't update me on all your posts....How scary to have been robbed!! I'm guessing they weren't there when Dennis got home? I couldn't imagine having something like that happen!! good thing for security systems! we have one and I love it even if we do live in Rexburg! we can't wait to have you guys come back.