Wednesday, August 4, 2010

100% Sure...


I have thought all along that I would have one girl and one boy. I was sure this is what they were and if for some reason they were not one of each then it was defiantly girls. At 16 weeks the ultrasound tech was positive Baby A was a boy and pretty sure Baby B was a boy as well. I thought things would change for sure. I had another ultrasound yesterday and I will let you be the judge

Baby A
I thought a face shot would be nice as well.

Baby B




Yeah it is pretty obvious we are having two boys! We are excited but I have to be honest and say we were hoping for a little girl. I get excited thinking about all the things they will get to do together. Audrey is excited. She was also hoping for a sister as well but is okay with two boys and being the only princess. We have no idea on names. Names are so hard Especially when you have to come up with two of them.

I met my new doctor yesterday and I feel so much better now. My first apt took me 4 hours! (Thanks for watching Audrey Jaime!) They were more than thorough. I really did not have to wait that long during those 4 hours maybe 20 minutes total which was great. The doctor informed me of what to expect with twins. Here are some things that I learned.

~If one of the babies water breaks before 34 weeks they will stick me in the hospital and wait until I hit 34 weeks as long as the baby can tolerate it.

~ The babies are in separate sacs and have their own placenta which is great except that one baby can steal all the nourishment from the other baby so they will take the babies early if this happens.

~ With the problems that I have had so far during the pregnancy, the doctor expects me to deliver around 34 weeks He said he would be shocked if I made it to 36 weeks.

~ As long as Baby A stays head down I can deliver normally. They can deliver the second baby breech.

I won't bore you with any more details!

Here is a photo of my belly
Okay just kidding but this is how the babies are laying. The coolest thing is I have baby A's head on my bladder as well as baby B's feet on my bladder. I will get a photo of my belly soon. I am 20 weeks and I am measuring at 26 weeks! Crazy Hopefully I do not get to big!





1 comment:

melanie said...

yay!!!! we miss you guys. glad things are going good and you are settling