Friday, November 19, 2010

How it all happened...

I went in on Monday morning for a doctors apt. I was having contractions on Sunday night but they were not consistent. On Monday morning I was having contractions again so the doctor decided to monitor me and decided I was in labor. My doctor broke my water at 2:30pm. I was at a 4-5 according to her. When the main doctor came in at 4:00pm he decided that I was not in real active labor and I was only a 3-4... This was depressing news. To think you are further along and then to go backwards was depressing. It seemed like it took forever to get from a 3 to a 6. Once I got to a 6 It was a matter of minutes and I was ready to push. My first epidural made a big "window" on one side and my right leg was more numb than I could stand. With the chance of having a C-Section I decided to have them re-do the epidural. After my second epidural I was so numb. I could not walk until 7am the next morning. This was annoying because I could not go and see the babies but It was good because I seriously could not feel anything. When the staff told me to push I told them I could not tell if I was pushing or not so hopefully I was doing it right. I only pushed for 20 minutes tops with both babies!!!


Taylor Michael was born at 11:41pm. He was able to come on my chest for a few minutes. Taylor started off really well. and was able to stay with me for a little while.

Brody was born and 11:48pm. They sat him on my chest and then decided he needed to go down to the NICU right away. It was sad to not really see him but I was glad that I had Taylor to hold.

All in all it was a really good delivery. I have healed really quickly and I am so thankful for this as my life is really busy right now.

No comments: