Thursday, November 27, 2008

Grateful





Thanksgiving this year is a little different. I am at my mom's house and Dennis is at home. It's hard being away from him. I am grateful for so many things this year. First, I am so thankful for my family. I am blessed to have a truly amazing husband who is my best friend. I could not ask for a better spouse. I am grateful that we have never yelled at each other. Don't get me wrong we have our tiffs but we have never raised our voice at each other. It is something I am grateful for. I am grateful that Dennis is so caring and compassionate. He would do anything for me or his family. Dennis's brother brian was in a car accident and Dennis just picked up some extra responsibility to help his brother out. He never complains. He just calls and says hey Brian needs some help with things around the house so I will be home late. Dennis leaves around 6:30 am and he usually gets home at 6pm. When he gets home he is so willing to help me around the house or with Audrey.

I am grateful for Audrey. What a blessing she is in my life. Sometimes I think that life would be so much easier if we had a chance to get on our feet before we had a kid. however when I think of life without Audrey I don't know what I would do. I love that little girl. She makes me a better person. She has taught me so much this year. I am grateful to have her sweet little spirit in my life.

I am grateful for my health. A few years ago I had the nickname as a "lemon" I was always sick. When I was pregnant with Audrey I threw up at least 9 times a day and got hospitalized a few times. This last year I have been really fortunate to be really healthy. I am grateful that the whole family has been really healthy.

I am grateful for so many things and this is getting really long. So I am going to list a few. I am grateful for the gospel in my life, I am grateful for extended family, I am grateful for the chance to go to school and continue my education, I am grateful for my church calling I loved serving in the Young Women's presidency. I am really blessed in life.

3 comments:

The Coatney's said...

we missed you guys tonight. gavin asked where audrey was. i told him that she had moved to idaho for awhile and he said, "oh, well she should come stay at my house so she can have a turkey cookie." we will really miss you guys! happy thanksgiving!

The Coatney's said...

BTW... I LOVE that picture of Audrey and Dennis. adorable!

Tammy and Chris said...

We missed you and Audrey yesterday at Thanksgiving, it just wasn't the same. However, I hope you were able to enjoy it with your family.

Your pictures are very cute. Did Danielle take them??