Monday, October 12, 2009

This is CRAZY!!!


















I have always been interested to learn how the whole couponing thing works. Well now that I have the semester off from school I actually had time to figure it out. It is amazing what you can save I am still blown away. It has almost turned into a game for me. I now have a problem paying full price for something. The picture above was my shopping trip today (can you tell from the laundry in the background?). Here is the break down.

10 Yoplait Yogurt
8 32oz Gatorade
8 boxes chewy granola bars
2 boxes captain crunch cereal
6 boxes Texas Toast
4 boxes brownie mix
12 boxes that's right 12 boxes of spaghetti noodles
6 packages toll house cookies
5 32oz laundry detergent
5 boxes snuggle dryer sheets
5 containers Clorox wipes
4 containers wet ones
2 boxes keebler cookies (NEVER SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THESE!)
1 box instant oatmeal
3 bags goldfish
64oz Old fashion Oats oatmeal
Log Cabin syrup
5 containers of Soft Soap

TOTAL $273.19

Savings: $209.19

TOTAL OUT OF POCKET: $ 64.00!!!


The guy behind me was blown away! To be honest I was blown away as well. I was also nervous when the cashier told me the total before my coupons. I was wondering if it would really go down like I was thinking and it did!

6 comments:

Emma said...

i too have been wanting to get into the coupon game... but haven't... and been nervous about it... you'll have to give me your secrets! :] haha!

Tanya said...

WOW!!! when you get back it's a girls night about couponing..your in charge! :)

Crystal said...

You got it Tanya! I cant wait to get back. Em I will email you or maybe even call you... now their is an idea, it has been too long!

The Lays said...

I want to know how you did that!!! I am a learning progress with coupons, it is soo much fun!

Mimi said...

WOW!!! Check you out! Ok- I tried to do this last week and missed the doublers- ARRRGH!

I really need to hop on the horn. Hey I owe you a homemade goodie... coming soon. Don't back to school without it k?

Jennifer Lindstrom said...

See! I told you couponing was the way to go! Good work my friend!